Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Still Trying To Adjust To The Quiet Life...

Yesterday was a wonderful, and at the same time, lonely and quiet day. We went to the Northeastern State Fair called the Big E! It's short for Eastern States Exposition. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island is represented there. It has animals, food, fun, competition. It was great to get back to New England to see this fair! We really did have a great time, but it sure was different without bringing children to see the animals and have them tug on our arms to go on rides and get fried dough, cotton candy and candy apples. It left me feeling empty and alone. I did try to see it as a date, and it was fun, but we spent quite a bit of time texting the boys while we were there. And we discussed how much fun we would have next year bringing our girls.

I met a woman who lives about 10 minutes away from me and she raises llama's. She sells 'lla-manure' at the local farmers market, sheers the llamas, washes their hair, spins it, and then she knits sweaters and makes $300.00 per sweater! I was amazed and I am going to go meet her llama's and watch her do all this. This woman is one of my hero's! I have a bunny and I have wanted to do that with my bunny fur for forever...maybe I'll try it. Another way to fill my time? We'll see about that.

So, trying to adjust to quiet, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm still looking for a job and having no luck, but others are still struggling with that too so I don't let it get me down.

We had some excitement last week when we heard that someone wanted to donate to the puzzle fundraiser, but that hasn't happened yet. We will probably announce that fundraiser sometime later this week. We are really hoping that things will ramp up soon and give us a shot of hope, but we'll see...

It's all in God's time, not ours. He will provide when He decides, I'm trying to hold on to that nugget. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment