Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rainy Days In The Fall

Besides Christmas, fall is my FAVORITE time of the year! Cool and crisp feel of the air, the beautiful colors everywhere! Fall harvest and warming the house with the smell of baked goods...mmm!

Last week I bought apples and made apple crisp, it was amazing! Yesterday I made peanut butter cookies, baked ziti and cheddar bay biscuits. I am definitely in the fall mood! But...not so much on the rainy days. Then I feel really tired and not very excited to do much. Fall festivals are held outside so on rainy days you can't go. I love going to the farmers market, but not on rainy days.

So...on rainy days I pretty much stay in and 'try' to get motivated to do something, anything in the house. I tend to sit and do my BSF study, facebook, play games on the computer and watch movies. That isn't bad in itself, but it also lends to looking back and dwelling on how things are and are not yet. That is not always a good thing.

I guess what I am getting at is what I am scheming in this bored little head. When I have time on my hands, I am always thinking of those two little angels in EE waiting for their mommy and daddy to come for them. Not only thinking of fundraising ideas, but how exciting it will be to have two little ones in the house again! Then I think of family time(s) and what we will do. We already have a family trip planned next summer to go to a lake that is about an hour from here. It's a beautiful lake house and we can bring Maddie, the family dog, with us. There are quite a few fairs starting in August that we can go to. There are petting zoo's near by and the library within walking distance. There is a beautiful park where we can bring Maddie and have a picnic lunch, especially in the fall. The girls are always on my mind!

A week and a half ago, we had someone tell us she was going to donate to us, and it sounded like it was going to happen, but we haven't heard from her again. While we were really excited, I did stay calm headed and did not jump to conclusions thinking it was a done deal. We know it will be in God's time, not ours. I just hope that more people don't make statements like that and disregard the feelings of those that are trying hard to bring these children home from other countries. I also did pray for the girl that contacted me as she said she was out of town at the time. Her travels were during the flooding rain in the south, so I pray that she wasn't devastated by the flooding. I was hoping that she would contact me and tell me that this was not a good time for her financially so I could let her know we'd pray for her. I also would have told her that she can just pray, we can always use prayers! :) But so far we haven't heard from her. That has been tough.

I read a blog last night that brought tears to my eyes. It was from the mommy of Barbara. She was talking about how satan is working to prevent them from getting her. Well, I can attest that he is working extra hard here in our house, but my belief in God's word isn't going to let satan win. God's timing is perfect. I don't know why I can't get a job. I don't know why that girl couldn't/didn't donate. I don't know why we have had no success trying to get this adoption going in the right direction...but He Knows!!! And, although I'd like to know, I don't need to know. It's just not time yet, but it will be when He is ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment