Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My God Can Move Mountains...

I haven't posted in almost a week because I'm a little pre-occupied with trying to get organized with my fund-raising ideas. I have five great ideas but I am 'Experience Challenged'.

The first one is my angel pins and I just need to set that up on an ebay or similar site for me to sell them. The second is a puzzle fundraiser. I have a 1000 piece puzzle and I'm charging $3.00 a piece and the person's name will be written on the back for the girls to see in the future. Once again I need to find the site to set that one up on so people can donate for the pieces. The third is a bottle and can collection, this one I think will work with just flyers and an email through our church family. The fourth is a dinner/or theater, Tony and several others in our church family have planned those. That one is much larger than the other three but the next one...

The fifth one is the biggest and concerns me the most. I am trying to plan a walk-a-thon for the twins and I have NO idea how to begin... In talking with Tony last night, my vision was way to big for what this should be, this time, and as long as it is successful, I am seeing the future complete with an annual walk for Reece's Rainbow. But one step at a time, I know.

So with all that being said...I really want to bring our girls home and my mind is usually working overtime, which is why I am up at 4 in the morning blogging instead of sleeping. My mind is constantly thinking of ways to make money and even when I think I'm not, it must be because I usually wake up thinking about it in the middle of the night! We need to raise $1000 for a promise fee and $1800 for a homestudy. That's alot of cash up front...but if it is meant to be, God can, and will, move that mountain! I have seen it done...

Anyway, I am still looking for employment, but, since I am not working at the moment, I am trying to think of ways to raise money on a large scale at least until I'm working and can earn the girls here. So these are my thoughts on this...

I was thinking that I needed to map out a 2 mile walk on the streets of our town, but that brought to mind the 'what if's'...what if someone is hit by a car, what if someone twisted their ankle, what if someone passes out, and the list went on...who is responsible? So then I thought our town has a great walking/biking path, we'll just use that. It isn't near the main road and cars are not allowed. But then, do I make it clear that we are not to be held responsible for any injuries. and how do I do that? Still some unanswered questions.

Then, what about stopping points along the way? You know, for refreshments, maybe at the halfway point? Maybe I can get a local grocery store to donate bags of hard candy for the walk, and I can get little pouches for the walkers to take the candy in and as a memoir. Again, more questions... but I'd better get a move on with these plans, since I am hoping to do this the second to the last weekend in October. So...

I can't remember a time when I have wanted something so much that it hurt and I would do just about anything for it. I prayed again today that if these girls are not meant to be ours, that someone would step up and adopt them and that He would take most of the pain away. That is a hard prayer for me as it could go either way and I had to give up control, but even more, because I already consider them to be our daughters, but I also know that God is going to do what is best. I do lean on Jeremiah 29:11, He does know the plans He has for us. My prayer is that I don't get in His way! :)

So...what do I do? Sit here and vex for another month? I think not! Please pray that the way is made crystal clear and that the right people are placed in my path. I have seen Him move mountains...I know He can move this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment