Saturday, September 19, 2009

It Alway Amazes Me...

How He always brings things to mind to let us know we are on the right path. Or that my mind can see the connections...either way He never ceases to amaze me.

As I was sitting here tonight unable to sleep, I logged on to check my email and such and my home page opened up to Dr. Albert Mohlers page from Southern Seminary. I frequently read his blog and Fridays blog, yesterday, was titled "Will Babies with Down Syndrome Just Disappear?". It reminded me of my first encounter with the very new CVS test for DS back in the late 80's. They tried to get me tested and I flatly refused and I would only sign the waiver, which made the nurse angry with me. But my response to her was that this baby is a gift from God, and I will love this baby no matter what. Who am I to reject that gift even if it isn't perfect? I'm not perfect and He didn't reject me? She didn't like that nor did she like it when I told her that I was willing to deal with any problems no matter how big or small...that is what parenting is all about. Then I added that there wasn't anything that I couldn't deal with if I had God with me.

Sadly, these people have no idea what gift they are giving up when they snuff out that life. I've seen that gift in every face of every child that comes home to the families on Reece's Rainbow. I couldn't think of a better gift on earth! They are amazing gifts from a God who loves us!

I feel that Dr. Mohler's blog is right, these babies will just disappear, unless someone speaks out in their behalf and the medical community wakes up. There are advocates out there for them now, Reece's Rainbow is one. Please visit some of the blogs of the children's buttons that are posted on the right column of my blog. See what beautiful little ones they are. Visit http://www.reecesrainbow.org and see all the wonderful things that are going on with the children listed. Then maybe consider blessing someone with a donation so that they may bring one of these little ones here where they will be loved. They are already here on earth, rejected by their family and need a new family, and some of these families need little ones.

Reece's Rainbow has an Angel Tree each year. We have a Christmas Angel that Tony and I are praying for. Her name is Sophie and she is beautiful. I will post more about her in a couple of days. I love what Reece's Rainbow is doing for these little ones around the world and I hope more people will get involved and bring these special children, gifts from God, home to where they will be loved and cared for and receive the medical treatment that all children deserve.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment