Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Journey Begins again...and so it goes...

We started our journey in October of 1999, when Tony accepted the call into ministry! As time went by we felt that our family was lacking in 'mass', so we wanted to add to the ranks. :) Then in March of 2003, we had been discussing what a few other friends were doing to continue growing their families, but that just wasn't what God planned for us, financially or physically, so we let it go.

I was still home schooling our boys, working part time and just enjoying things in life. Well, I started feeling that all too familiar tugging on my heart strings and mentioned to Tony what I was feeling. I really expected to hear him say "now now, blah, blah bladdy blah..." but instead he told me that he agreed and felt the same way, so look into adoption. Well...that came completely out of the blue!!!

So I made a phone call and we were on our way!!! :)

We became licensed to adopt in our state, but our status was pending because we didn't have the room to take in another child. So when it came time to move, the available home we took once again didn't have adequate space. And then again! :( There is something to be said about God's timing...and I had to trust!

So then in December of 2005, things began happening. The house that we were renting went up for sale because the owners were getting a divorce, so that meant moving again. And to Tony and his job, there was a merger and he opted to transfer to another warehouse in Indiana and that would give him the opportunity to attend seminary classes in Louisville, KY. So we did...

Then while in Louisville, we attended an international adoption meeting and started thinking... again, and started thinking about adopting special needs children, meaning other than age. We began researching Downs Syndrome, and that is when I found Reece's Rainbow! That was about 3 years ago to the month.

Unfortunately, things were more complicated than we had originally thought, so I had to go to work and it looked like we were there for other reasons, which we still don't understand. When I went to work, I unsubbed from RR and left those dreams behind for what I figured would be for a very long time to come. :(

So jump forward 2 1/2 years, and here we are, started our journey again. We feel we would like to add the blessings of girls to our home. This time we have fallen in love with a couple of little girls and are looking forward to the day that we can announce who to everyone involved in RR! God willing, it won't be long!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment