Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Don't Like It When They Grow Wings and Fly!

Okay, so you have babies...you raise them to be strong and to stand on their own, teach them to be independent and do things for themselves. You home school them and teach them well... and then they are ACCEPTED TO COLLEGE!!!

I am a proud mom to a college student, but last year we lived in Louisville Kentucky, and Cale was a college student at Northern Kentucky University about 100 miles from our home. I took great comfort and solace in the fact (with help from others I might add) that he would be home about every other weekend and all holidays, and sometimes for 4 days in a row! That made me content. 

When we moved back to Connecticut last April, Cale still had a month to go for classes, but I was okay with that because he was coming here in a few weeks. He came up after mothers day but just in time for my birthday. I was a HAPPY mom that day. I knew that he was going to be here for the summer! YAY for us!!!

Well, he left for school last night. A friend of his from Louisville flew up to drive back with him. He is an independent college student that daddy and I raised for such a day...but no one prepared me for the heartbreak of knowing that he is 13 hours away from us in case something happens. I am just praying that God will protect him and be gracious to me and make the time fly for me til Thanksgiving.

I am so sad, there will no longer be 11:00 pm chats in the kitchen catching up on the days events, no more Cale walking in the door saying 'surprise! I'm home for the weekend!' I guess the lesson for the day is time is fleeting...enjoy even the smallest moments, cherish every second because they won't last but in your memories!

So, needless to say, I haven't worked on any of my fundraising ideas because I've been rather pre-occupied. I will go start that now though, as time really is precious and fleeting. I'm using these weeks of quiet without my 'baby' to add to our family! Look out girls...your mommy and daddy are preparing to bring you HOME!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment