Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life Lessons Learned!

Well things seem to be easier for me as time goes by. Cale calls and texts me on a regular basis, everyday! No it's not the same as having him home but it will do for now. He did promise that he would go to Boston College for his graduate studies!

Well, I have been making things for my fundraising adventure. And I am excited that I will be walking in the Buddy Walk on September 26 here in Connecticut. So I am keeping busy.

A thought occurred to me the other day while I was talking with Tony and sharing my frustration with him about not finding a job. First, this is the first time in many, MANY years that I have not been hired quickly. In the past Tony has said that he has never seen anything like it before...I apply for a job, go on an interview and, if I'm not hired on the spot, I have a job offer like...the next day! (I know it sounds conceited, but I don't know how else to put it.) Well, that isn't happening this time! I have applied many places and only had one interview, and that was a bust...Hmmmmm...so back to my point...

My plan for this adoption was to get a full time job somewhere, take all the money I made at that job and put it in the bank for the girls adoption costs and as they came up, I'd write a check. 

I started reading all the adopting blogs and saw a common thread...God was supplying the needs and the funds for these adoptions and He was receiving all the Glory!

So, if I get a job and pay for it all, how will others see what God can and will do? How will people see the blessings that God has in store for those who trust Him? If I get a job, how will that Glorify Him? It would be ALL ME! And then I realized just how selfish that would be of me...So I guess I'm not getting a job right away, which brings me to the next thing...

I guess I will be stepping up the fundraising endeavor. I am going to begin to sell my Angel pins. I will post the picture soon. I will also be making a quilt for a raffle and either selling or raffling off a couple of baby quilts also. I am also going to attempt to organize a walk for the girls sometime in October.

So, please pray for my family and the girls as we go through the beginning stages of our adventure 'Bringing Home Our Princesses'... We all Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment