Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What a difference another year can make

I'll say it again...What a difference another year can make. Tony and I spent a wonderful day together celebrating our 27 anniversary of our 1st date! We made some business calls on customers, had our favorite pizza together, spent some time with my parents, chickened out on telling them about the twins...AGAIN! But it was a wonderful day none the less! And we are now thinking about how different it will be next year at this time! Which makes me a very happy woman...

When we returned home last night, I read the emails that came in during the day only to find that Reece's Rainbow will be in People Magazine in February!!! They were picked to be featured in the 'Heroes Among Us' section! That is SOOO exciting! I was approached just yesterday by a special ed teacher, here locally, who was interested in RR, so I told her about it. I will be purchasing business cards to hand out...it is much easier.

So last night in the car on the way home I told Tony that I was disappointed that we still haven't found a good time to tell our 'special secret' to my family yet, even last night. When we heard the news from Andrea's email that RR would be in Peoples Magazine, Tony said that will be the best way to break the ice on this conversation...so we are going to arm ourselves with both Paula's article in Woman's World magazine (Paula is Bella's mommy and Kevin's wife :D) of RR and the Peoples article and break it to my parents that we are attempting to make them grandparents of little ones again...sooo, can you say 'renewed excitement'? :)

Tony is starting to get nibbles on our new business, so that is looking up, as is the possibility that I should hear something in the near future about the census job...we downloaded all of our paperwork to start our application for the homestudy and other study paperwork and a book list for study. This is getting exciting again...

My prayers and hopes are that next year at this time Tony and I can renew our vows at 26 years with 'our girls' walking, with their brothers, down the isle to help us celebrate our marriage! We were thinking of renewing our vows this year, but those girls, or any of the children on RR, are an important part of who we are...so we are saving our money to bring them home!

Until next time...have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! Praying for wisdom in telling your folks. We just printed the information about adoption from our agency and inserted it into my father-in-law's birthday card to let him know he'd be a grandpa again. Of course we were there when he opened it. :)
    Praying for a job for you, or other means of financial provision! God bless!

    ReplyDelete