Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick Update...

Well, I'm still waiting for a job. Census Bureau looks promising, but I won't hear anything for a few weeks. And I won't hear anything about the billing clerk for at least a week. So once again we are in a holding pattern...but that's okay! God knows when and we are waiting 'patiently', sometimes anyway...

But we have faithful friends praying for us, so we are able to handle it.

As far as us being the adoptive family to the 12 year old from the Philippines, we found out that our homestudy had expired, so we needed to start from scratch and needed to be done by Thursday, and that wasn't happening...so those doors and windows were slammed shut, which is what we really wanted to happen. Anytime we get a definitive answer is a great thing!

So our focus is totally on the twins again. It was so funny, but Tony was the one that just blurted that out right after we found out about our state homestudy. He said, "Then I guess that is God's way of saying we are to focus all our energy on getting the twins!" Just another sign that God has this planned.

We love them so much, just pray that we can get the fund-raising going or I get a job...

Well, I'm going to go watch 18 and counting, Michelle Duggar is an idol! Tony is scared! :P

3 comments:

  1. JoEllen...

    I literally laughed out loud when I read that Tony is scared because Michelle Duggar is your idol. You go girl!!

    Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm not one for reality tv, so I just ignored it all these years. A few weeks ago I watched a couple of episodes and just fell in love with them. So I told Tony that I think that Michelle Duggar is my idol...he said "you just want to dress like her" and I corrected him and told him "no, I want ALOT of children, just like her!". He didn't say too much, but I do make sure to say things to him like 'I'm going to buy a modest bathing suit', or 'what do you think if I go buy a long jumper'...his general answer is "you aren't Michelle you know..."

    She is a truly amazing woman. I can't think of a better roll model. We'll start small, just the twins and go from there...I can see us with oh, I don't know...6 more?!? :)

    Glad to make you laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for new Christian Fundraiser Ideas I strongly recommend you get in touch with Easy Fundraising Ideas. They have a very wide assortment of fundraisers that have been used successfully throughout the United States.

    ReplyDelete