Friday, March 26, 2010

Well I Thought...

I really thought I would just feel the way I felt when I heard from our facilitator about the country's decision to allow us to adopt the girls...just loaded with nervous energy! Right? Yeah, that's all, and then I'd want to go out and window-shop, looking for things for the twins! Yeah, that's it.

I have seen others who say they were moved to tears when they found out and such, but that didn't happen to me. Then, on Wednesday afternoon when I received a note from Andrea, it didn't say anything in the subject line, so I opened it and there was a link and the message was copied to the woman, Lu from England, who makes the blog buttons. All the note said was 'Up and running'. So I sat there and couldn't figure out what that was all about...that was probably the longest 1 minute of my life, then I clicked on the link...

And then the tears came pouring down my face and I must have cried for at least the first 5 minutes...there on the opened RR page was our beautiful twins faces and our family profile that said 'Slavka and Sandra for the Stancil Family-Manchester, CT'. It was probably the first time it wasn't surreal for me! If you were sitting here watching me type this right now you would see me crying again!

I called Tony at work and told him through my tears, and he said 'There's no crying in adoption!' which did get me laughing...he's a goof-ball like that! I still can't look at that page without tearing up! I didn't think I'd be this sappy, I just figured I would be full of nervous energy, but no, cry baby is more like it. I really have to practice not crying, I'm gonna mess those two babies up when we finally go get them...they will think I was sad or something! And going to see the officials! UGH...I hope they can discern happy tears from sad!

Well, gotta go look at my daughters again and cry some more...have a very blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. We received a check for 750.00 - it was from my husband's niece who can ill afford 25.00 much less 750.00.... I've blubbered for an hour!! I'm still crying. My oldest son has been trying to comfort me. It's a bit over his head why I'm crying because we got a check in the mail!! This whole adoption process is unbelievably emotional!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw "Vance for the Breen family". I have been dreaming of seeing my name next to a Reece's Rainbow angel for so long...it's just so hard to believe it's true. I think your sweeties are in the same country as my little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I cried tears for you too, JoEllen! You were so strong and faithful in waiting to commit to them. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! We have been to the girls country and to their "home"! I can't wait to follow your journey! We loved our time in country and look forward to going again some day!
    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You will have so much fun when they are home. Good luck with your adoption. I pray everything goes fast and smooth!

    ReplyDelete