Sunday, March 21, 2010

They are OURS!!!

I just love saying that :D We are so excited and our love grows stronger everyday! I get up everyday and check the 'my family found me' page just to make sure this isn't really a great dream that I just woke up from...and everyday their pictures are there, and I just want to reach into the screen and squeeze them both and give them hugs and kisses! I have been waiting too long for daughters, they don't have any idea what they are in for!!!

We are about $800.00 away from promise fee...I have a couple of good friends that are helping me plan a large yard sale, complete with baked goods and maybe some lemonade (or just kool-ade, or maybe some sweet tea-we learned something while we were in Louisville)! I am now starting to plan a 6 to 10 mile walk for adoption...just trying to get a hold of people that have organized large walks like I'm thinking...we'll see ;)

I am also looking into 2 job possibilities this week, maybe at Babies R' Us and the other at Walgreen Drugstores. Please pray that I am successful! I am really getting excited at the prospect of working and being able to take care of our homestudy within the next couple of months, and then for the other expenses that we are finding in our guide book for their country. I am getting excited by the hour, I can't believe they are ours, right now it seems surreal...maybe I'll go back to see if they are still on that mffm page! Yup, they are still there! :D Did I say I'm really excited? :)

Thanks for following our blog! We hope you had a very blessed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Congratulations on your commitment to the girls! I am so happy that they have found a family. I have been watching them on RR and praying for them. Twins hold a special place in my heart as I have a set of twins! When you go private, could you please include me so I can follow your progress? I know I am a stranger, but I would love to follow along and pray for the girls and your family as your journey begins together! Thanks! dpasho (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO THRILLED! ahhhh. I went back and read those emails you and I had exchanced in September and here you are, committed to your girlies! When you go private I'd love an invite. mmc2153 at columbia dot edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, SO excited for you and for the girls! They are adorable, and the same age as my Yana which makes them even more dear to me!

    Congratulations! Praise God!

    *** I have a "Cale" too, but he is only 12. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soooo much for the well wishes! AAAHHHHHH!!! I still feel like screaming from the rooftops!!!!

    Yes Debby, you are certainly able to have an invite. We will be going private in a week or two, and we will email you with log in info when we do.

    Molly, I didn't even think we'd ever get here! I am so excited, I couldn't even sleep last night! I felt like the little boy in the Disney commercial 'I'm too excited to sleep!!!' :) And yes, I totally remember our emails, thanks for your encouragement! And you are quite the warrior for little ones, but I can tell you are going for boys first, not girls :) Just an observation! You bet you'll get an invite!

    Soon, we have twins in the family line, but it seems to skip some generations and the fact that I had to stop early, who knows...so we now have twins. And if you hadn't read some of my blog, Slavka looks like my mil and Sandra looks like me and my aunt and cousin on my mothers side. So that fact just makes it more exciting!

    Was your Cale named for family or another reason? We were big Nascar fans and we wanted original names, so our Austin was AJ after AJ Foyt, and Cale was named Cale after Cale Yarborough (sp?) because his birthdate was around his birthday. Come to find out, our Cales bd was March 26th, The Cale Y was March 27th. :) Probably more history than you wanted, but...it kept my mind off the twins for a few seconds! :)

    Everyone have a great day!

    ReplyDelete