Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh HAPPY HAPPY WEEK!!!

Well, if you have been looking at the 'my family found me' page on Reece's Rainbow, you will notice that our 'TWINS' are there! We had sent in our information to our facilitator and to Andrea, but I had not thought things would happen so fast, at least not until Monday of this week. We found out kind of by accident, someone emailed about the new page that was created and she was happy to see new commitments there including our two, Sandra and Slavka!

So my heart sank, :( I worked up the nerve to email Andrea to ask who had come forward, or was it us. She responded so quick that my stomach flipped. I told Tony I couldn't look, so he said he would...and here was her response:

YOU are the family! :)

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I think my heart really sang! I have only felt that way a few times in my life, the day I was married, and everytime I found out I was expecting! I totally feel like we are pregnant, minus the sinus headaches for three months and the night sickness! We are SOOO EXCITED!!! I had so much nervous energy we took a drive and ended up looking at things for the girls! Like I didn't already create a tote of things for them, like cute magenta tops I found on clearance, Hello Kitty hot cocoa mugs, a bouquet of 'stuffed flowers' with faces, a bible memory game...and more!

I'm not sure if we can announce it on the elist until our FSP is posted, so until or unless I hear otherwise, this is the only place that we will announce that Sandra and Slavka are OURS!!!!

Now reality of the work ahead has set in...we received the guide for the country we are adopting from...and there is so much to do! I just thank God for those who have walked this path before me, their experiences will certainly be appreciated! One step at a time. And I refuse to panic about the money. There are several people we know who are nay-sayers and are really trying to make things much bleaker than it needs to be. If it is God's will, these girls, God's girls, God will see to it that every penny, dime and dollar will be there! :) AAAAAHHHHH - THEY ARE OURS!!!!!

We did find out that we cannot rename the girls the names that we chose when we adopt them, the only change will be their last names. I'm just excited to bring them into our family, I think I'm okay about not renaming, at least at first.

The information on the hows and whys of their country is really exciting, but intimidating. There is so much we will need to gather, but after following many blogs, especially 'beautifulgiftofGod', Bella and her family, I know we can do this and that it will feel amazing when it's over!

Our biggest prayer is that we can get everything done and have them here with us before Thanksgiving...What a wonderful day of Thanksgiving that will be!!

We are PRAISING our God for the opportunity to be Sandra and Slavka's mama and daddy! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! The TWINS are OURS!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am crying tears of joy for you right now. I saw the girls were "found" and was hoping it was you! Praise God! Thanks for the kind words about our blog....we are so thankful to you and yours for the support you gave to us that we can't wait to do the same for you! God WILL take care of the finances, don't you worry...He is much bigger than that. Have fun gathering things and nesting....can't wait to follow your journey now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok! I didn't cry until I saw my own blog post! I was ok up until then, and now I'm crying again!!! I am too excited! I love blogs to share our joy, excitement and experiences with others! Alright now I have to go scrub and clean again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO SO very excited for you and your family and your girls!

    I can't wait for that to someday be us, but wow...how exciting for you guys!
    YAY
    YAY
    YAY
    YAY
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann! We are really excited! We have wanted them for going on 9 months now...We finally worked up the nerve to tell our family and they were supportive. We felt the time was right! :)

    We sure hope that can be you one day too...it feels incredible!! :)

    ReplyDelete