Monday, November 23, 2009

We Have Been Rather Silent, But...

Thankful. God has been amazing to us. We have been blessed with much. Blessed with; finding Reece's Rainbow, a desire to adopt, the insight as to why things are not working out at this time, a network of medical support when we bring the girls home, but most important is our strong and enduring love for one another.

Recently I lost two wonderful aunts, both of whom would have supported this adoption process totally. One was here in CT and was a very Godly woman, never judged anyone but loved everyone unconditionally. She worked with all kinds of children throughout the school system. She is missed.

The other aunt was someone I truly looked up to while growing up. In fact, I took her name when I was confirmed in the catholic church. Once again she never judged anyone but loved everyone she met. I pray we will see her in heaven one day.

Tony showed his love for me this weekend because one funeral was in VT. Tony works between 60-70 hours a week and usually has one day off a week. He chose to take off this past Saturday, rented a car for the weekend and drove around 500 miles round trip just so I could say good-bye. I call that sacrifice, but that is something that he does on a regular basis...and causes me to feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

We also spent his entire surprise afternoon off today shopping for Thanksgiving Day dinner. He will also spend most of the day on Thursday cooking Thanksgiving dinner...because he loves me.

We consistently spend our free time together, and we don't usually get sick of spending time together...yes, sickeningly sweet, I know and I'm sorry :) I did marry my best friend!

If you are on FaceBook and are a friend of mine, you noticed recently that a status update of mine said 'loves her husband so much and thinks he is the most amazing man.' Well that is the truth, he is amazingly selfless and our twins will be so lucky to have a daddy like him! We are a very blessed couple, our love is strong and enduring! I am truly blessed and VERY Thankful!

God Bless you on this Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment